The International Association of Horticultural Producers has approved an application from Qatar to host the International Horticultural Exhibition in 2021/22.
The event is set to be held in Qatari capital Doha from October 21st next year, closing on March 17th, 2022.
Covering at least 50 hectares, the event will have a theme focused on greening the desert and improving the environment.
It is expected to attract at least three million visitors.
Expo 2021 Qatar will be organised in the context that climate, water and soil are indispensable and endangered resources.
Based on the Qatar National Vision 2030 the objectives of Expo 2021 Qatar are:
- Host the first horticultural exhibition in a region with a desert climate.
- Invite the global horticultural sector to share knowledge and experience in support of the Qatar National Vision 2030.
- To lead the region in how the Green City Concept can be applied in the Middle East.
- Encourage horticultural innovation around the climate, water and soil situation in Qatar.
- To stimulate international investments and business opportunities for foreign countries in Qatar.
- Establish a connection between green, sport and human health.
- Develop an ‘international park’ in support of the FIFA World Cup…