As it approached its 50th anniversary in business, Pacific Delight Tours last week folded its doors, withdrew from the United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA) and notified customers and the press that it is no longer accepting business.
“With the majority of its business being to China, and given the cancellations and uncertain future caused by the media reporting about the coronavirus, we have decided it is in the best interest of our valued travel advisor partners, suppliers and loyal travelers to suspend operations indefinitely,” the company said in emails to customers and the press.
”We wish to reassure everyone that this is not a bankruptcy. All suppliers will be paid and all clients who cancelled have been fully refunded,” said Michael Kong, managing director of Pacific Delight Tours.
On Friday, USTOA followed up with a statement that Pacific Delight Tours…